Monday, April 20, 2009

I hate them

It was a hot afternoon.The sudden increase in the temperature reminds me of the predicted 2012 doomsday.May be it has been preponed. We were returning from the exam hall.In the way to our hostel a man approached us and asked for help.When i turned to my friend, i saw a sudden rage on his face. I thought he just wanted to escape the burning heat asap.But then he aggressively asked the man to tell us the problem,it was almost as if he knew what the poor man was going to say. The man told us that he has no money to return to his village and was asking for some money so that he can go home.He sounded true to me.I was about to take out my wallet and hand him some money.Meanwhile my friend kept staring at him with those angry red eyes of his.I wondered if he screwed up his exam or what. Then he shouted at the man accusing him for fooling people and taking advantage.I had no clue.Then my friend told me that few days back he asked for money from him giving the same reason.He gave him money to go home.But there he was again asking for money and again for the same reason.He told me that he felt offended by this.Why do people do things like this? No one is going to trust each other if some bastards like him take advantage of human values.My friend was angry.So was I.He then pushed the man and told him to get out of the campus and not to take advantage of other students.But he stood still.Our words were not bothering him at all.He looked away in search of some other emotional fool.

I hate them.They just kill the little trust people have in others.The little hope of a better tomorrow.What if someone actually needs help ? No one will believe him.Its sad.I hate them.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

if people like the man in your story don't stop fooling others.. people will seriously stop helping really needy peoples...

Whats in a name.......... said...

naah...i know its wrong but dont hate them... u dont know what makes them do it... no i am not justifying what he did, have had a personal experience of this kind, so, some are really forced by circumstances and well some other losers do it as an easy way to earn some bucks!

sid said...

I hate them too. When I was in college, I used to roam around with little or no money at all in my pockets (Reason for this was, I was fed up of paying the bill in canteen). Once I had a 5 Rs coin in my wallet and we were sitting on Railway Station having tea. A man came and asked for some money. He sounded so genuine that I gave him that 5 rs coin and he walked away. When we walked out of the station, the same man was doing his act again.
From then, I give money only to old poor ladies and I never give anything to children or hail and hearty men

ronsin said...

you find such people everywhere... found many in bangy last yr... sad... but its yet another malaise... like many others prevalent today... cant be helped...