Sunday, September 27, 2009

I owe it to her

When I was a little girl, my mother was my role model. She taught me everything. I loved everything about her.The way she carried herself. The way she took care of the family. The way she was always there whenever I or anyone in the family needed her. The way she always had a smile on her face no matter how difficult the circumstances would have been. But the thing I am glad that she taught me was how to always take things in a positive way.To be optimistic.That seems like so simple and cliche but believe you me it's the most difficult thing to do. And this very thing helps me everyday.And you know what made me even more happy and proud, the fact that I did the same thing to someone else. The love of my life. If you have ever loved someone you would understand that it kills you when the other person is sad or low with something. But now things have changed and that makes me proud.

Her name is Kusum. She always makes everyone smile like a kusum (read flower).I had never seen her depressed with something. But things have changed over time. She lives alone now as all others had to move due to work or education.She is still there where we all were sometime.I miss that happy place.She is all alone there. And probably this makes her sad. When I went home last time, I was shocked to see her this way.I was loosing it myself but then it occurred to me that if I also behave the same way, who will take care of her. I convinced myself that I will act strong enough to make her realize exactly what she taught me long back. It was difficult. But I am glad that I was able to. And you know, she took it very seriously. She listened to each and every word I said. She believed in me. She believed that I have grown up now. I was happy.

And I will be there whenever she needs me. And I will tell her what she taught me whenever she forgets it. And I just want her to carry on that smile forever. I owe it to her.

(as told by Aku)

1 comment:

sid said...

Nice , Moms are always like that! Tons of positive energy and Tons of love.