Friday, May 14, 2010

Dolphin Swiming Pool

For a while now I have been planning to go to some pool. It has been more than a year since the last time I jumped into a water body.I missed swimming.Last night after coming from work I was feeling really really sleepy at 10.It is really embarrassing to sleep that early when you are not in school anymore.Anyways, I did realize that the night before I had just slept for three hours and it was OK to compensate that. Ergo I slept and ergo I woke up at 5 in the morning. Somehow it is not possible for me to sleep more than 7 hrs.It felt really good when I came out to the balcony.Dim light and some what cold breeze kissing my face good morning. Waking up early in the morning gives you a confidence that you are ahead of the morons who are still sleeping deep.I know that's crap but that's one damn true fact.

So, I thought I can use this time to swim which i have been wanting lately.Googled 'Swimming Pool Hyderabad'.Got a few numbers.Called here and there.There was one in banjara which started at 6 in the morning.Bingo! Did the basics in the bathroom, took my bag and vroomed to the Dolphin Swimming pool. Finding that place was not at all trouble courtesy google maps. The way the receptionist answered my phone, I thought this got to be some posh pool and good keeping and not so many people.But I forgot, that o my darling, ye hai India. The pool which he promised was a Olympic size one, was not even half of it.There was no changing room for crying out loud.Oh no, there was one, only for the ladies. So unfair, it's not like Man have no ..... never mind.There was a shelf for keeping your stuff which was covered from one end and people were supposed to change on the other side. When I suggested the receptionist that they should at least have a changing room, he came back to me saying," Kya bhaijaan , towel hai na tumhare paas, kyun itna sharmate ho !".

I changed and got into my speedo.I thought I'll just go and dive in to the deep but some how I was feeling that I might have forgotten how to swim. After all, it has been a while. Scared by the thought , I joined a few children on the shallow end. To my surprise, there was no one in the deep end.In fact there were very few people in the pool itself. At least something good about the place.I slowly regained the art of swimming and moved to the deep end.I proudly reached the deep end and congratulated myself for not forgetting the skill.After a few iterations of free style, I got bored and asked the trainer there to teach me some other style,Butterfly may be, I thought.He said, "Come for two more days and then we'll talk". I felt like pulling him into the water and drowning him deep down. May be he is only nice to people who take the member ship of the club. Damn business minded jerks! Back to free style.I covered some more distance.While i was at it, suddenly it felt like some aeroplane crash landed into the pool.When I got a view, it was just a big fat kid jumping into the pool.I think we lost half of the water because of him. And there stood, the proud big fat mom and big fat dad cheering their fat son's blow-up. I wonder did he broke the family record of spilling maximum amount of water out of the pool by jumping from ground zero.I think he did. Then suddenly some more kids joined in. Some with their parent. Suddenly the pool had turned into a water park.

But still, there were fewer people at the deep end. I thought they will never come here.But soon they conquered even the deep end using the tubes and other stuff. They were so many of them. For a second, I thought I had one inside my swim suit as well.Population ! After struggling for few more minutes, I gave up. Never going to this place again. Any how, not a bad start for a weekend.At least, got to swim.

11 comments:

Vighnesh said...

itna masst likhte ho aap...
"For a second, I thought I had one inside my swim suit as well.Population !" :P

Genie said...

thank you Vighnesh :)

ronsin said...

achchha laga ki frust hue... :P better still to know that u managed to have a few laughs abt it... ;)

ronsin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Genie said...

"achchha laga ki frust hue" ... kya sale ramu....bada hi sadist ho gya tu to :D ... and it's always better to have laughs about a screw-up :) It helps :)

Manpreet said...

Nice one tembe!!

Genie said...

@ Thanks Mannu .... I will miss you yaar :)

kandy said...

hmmph....i just cannot find words for this bud :D kuch bhi haan !!

Giga Potential said...

haha , this blog only has one label "life" it should also have "sarcasm" :D

Akshay Verma said...

ha ha ha .... awesome be... nicely written ..

Genie said...

@ kandy... i never get ur comments man :D

@ giga... second tag.... humor probably but not sarcasm :)

@aks .. thanks man :)