Sunday, June 6, 2010

Osman, Bike and Bang!


It all started at R's place .She invited a couple of friends for dinner at home. She has been planing this since long.I got a call at 8 pm on Saturday night.R said she has been trying the number since morning.'The food is ready and everyone will be here soon, you should rush'.I told myself,'Lagta hai jyada khana ban gaya, that's why she called at the eleventh hour'.Just kidding, R. So, the food was so so so delicious.It has been a while since I had Ghar Ka Khana..Burp! Hat's off to the chef's R,A and V. Although V only helped in cutting vegetables and all that jazz, but hey that's equally real.

So, we were just talking. The usual office gossip.Cruel managers, extended hours and screwed up weekends.Suddenly V proposed a trip to Osman Sagar lake early in the morning. I have been wanting to go there for quite some time now.But that night I was supposed to work for some office work which just couldn't wait till Monday.Damn. Anyways, I decided that I'll definitely chip in if they actually go there.We all decided to leave at 5:30 am in the morning.They booked a cab and I volunteered to take one of them on my bike.

We started sharp IST half an hour late.RR was with me on the bike and rest were in the cab.It was a real nice feeling to drive in such nice weather at such speeds.I never had gone that fast before.Then the cab stopped at a turning and as I was following it, I too stopped by bike on the road side.A car was coming from behind at a moderate pace, but rather than slowing down it attained full throttle, lost balance and banged my bike.RR who was sitting behind somehow reacted quick enough to jump away.And I, just could not do anything. I just closed my eyes.I felt, this was it.The damn car was coming straight at us.There was no going back.I got thrown away with the bike.And somehow, I escaped without any major injuries.Just cuts and bruises.As I write this, that picture is still haunting me and I just can't believe how lucky we were to escape this.Thank you, God.

When I got up, I felt my head shaking a bit.The only thing on my mind at that point was to get the damn driver out of that freaking car and beat the hell out of him. Unfortunately, driver was a lady.Somehow I cannot speak to a girl in a high tone.I had no clue what to say to her.Still, I managed a couple of harsh lines.And then a few more. She was almost in tears.What do you expect? And then came those very popular words.'I am really very sorry'. At least we were fortunate that we survived all in good and the bike was also not damaged badly.I let her go.But I must say, I am still in shock.That was really very scary.

Then since the place we were going was not so far now, and our injuries weren't anything serious, we decided to move on.We reached the place soon.I had google-imaged this place before.And the first look was exactly what I was expecting.No doubt, it is the best place in Hyderabad.A beautiful lake with rocks all around and totally isolated from the city.There were hardly any people there.We decided to go down into the wild.V and RM were occupied in photography all this time.A had a hard time with the rocks.Her every other step on the adjoining rock was like conquering Mount Everest.A also made numerous attempts to throw stones in the lake to a respectable distance, but all in vain.Some of her throws nearly made a U-turn.It was fun watching these kids climbing rocks, throwing pebbles, posing weird postures for the FB and Orkut clicks. I on the other hand, was totally subdued. It was difficult to get out of that shock. Though I loved sitting alongside the water.And the wind sure made it fun.If you are fed up of the crowded streets of the city and the countless vehicles making whinny noises all day long, this is the place to find peace.

1 comment:

Whats in a name.......... said...

S, this was reaaly nice. i like teh fact that u, that is S and R and A and the rest of the letters in th alphabet finally made it all safe and had fun.:)