Friday, November 19, 2010

I just want you to try.

Son : I want to marry this girl I love, she's not Marathi though!

Mother : What are you saying...Is she the same girl you told me about long back....I asked you that very moment to dial down the relationship and not to make it serious... why didn't you listen to me....no one in our family has done something like this before..this is not what we do...look at your brothers for example, they all did arrange marriages .... why do you want us to look bad in front of everyone ...


Son : I want to get a Tattoo,the logo of this football team I love!

Mother : If you like the club so much, just watch the matches and support...why do you have to get that disgusting piece of dirt of your skin....it's not a good thing ...no one in our family ever did something like this...how big will that be? ... Why don't you just get a sticker or something...

Son : I want to quit this job I am doing, I hate it to the core!

Mother : What? Job is like that only... it's really difficult to get good jobs ...don't do it... what will you do...look for government jobs...it's the best for you...it's very stable ....look for government jobs ...government jobs...


Sometimes it's really difficult for us to make someone else understand what we want, why we want and how we truly feel about that.I know for all the reasons she gives, she wants only good things happening to me, she would not want to see me take chances,she would not want me to take risks.

But mother, she is the only girl in my life.It has been years of knowing each other.It has been years of understanding each other.Take my words when I say,"No one can love me more, no one can care for me more and no one will make me more happy, than her.I love her". How does it make any difference if she cannot speak our language. How does it make any difference if the stars do not agree.Why do you listen to the stars and not your own son ? And what do you love more, my happiness or others acceptance of my actions?


But mother,I have this strange connection with football...something deep....there is this adrenaline which creeps in ... some irrational exuberance... I so wanted so play this game.But sadly, I couldn't and I can't. But watching this team playing, I feel involved.I cannot tell you why this happens but it happens.Then this deep connection breathes like that thunderous wind.I want that mark on me. I so badly do. I would be so happy.Don't you want to see me like that?


But mother,This job kills me from inside..makes me feel so low..I wish I had known what i want long ago, but i didn't.I will find what i love to do, I will pursue what i like.But I need you to be brave too, why do you fear my decisions.What I ask for, is trust.

Mother, I know it's really difficult for you to understand all this, but why can't you do this for me....without any questions ...without any doubts and without any worries.

And I would understand if you couldn't.I just want you to try.

8 comments:

Arya said...

Excellent writing. Nice way of putting things across !

Unknown said...

hey.. its wonderfull so touching.. nd so true.. u knw this kind of question is alwyz thr in my mind infact i think on every childs mind.. but d way u hv expressed it its just awesome,. .. if nybdy read ds out i m sure they v feel like this is actually their inner voice wht all they r thinking within ... ..


i really liked it alot.. nice to c nd read ur bloags all d best man...!!!!

Ankita said...

awesome post :)
so touching n simple....yet complicated...coz nobdy is rite or wrng here...on one side is passion n on d other side is motherly luv n care..!!!
u cnt live widout d 1st n its impossible to leave 2n.. :(

Genie said...

@ all

:)

Unknown said...

:(...:'(..
its tru bro..bt no 1 undrstnds our feelng...they jst don want their head down n nthin else..n fr this they can evn sacrify their child's happiness..
bt still i'll say nt 2 loose hope n keep on tryng.. :)

Genie said...

Well Rags, it's not that they don't want to see us happy but they also want everyone else around to be happy with our actions..and i totally agree that perseverance will pay off eventually :)

Unknown said...

Read ur blog for the first time...
What a way to put things across.... really like ur style of writing !!

Genie said...

@jayana
thanks :)