Thursday, August 17, 2017

Innocence of antiquity

Often we come across these places which are the epicenters of nostalgia. Schools are one such exemplar. Today, we were among a talented bunch of 8 graders when they were being given some routine instructions for attempting a test and the sheer intensity of their attention struck a deep chord.
Children are such wonderful listeners with their unwavering gaze upon the speaker. With unprejudiced eyes and unblemished naivety, they convey their utterance. I wonder when do we lose it while growing up? What happened to that immutable smile, that enduring energy? That embracing of opinions, that affable guise. That innocence of antiquity!

3 comments:

Vibha said...

We lost it exactly at that time when we realise that innocence is not required for our survival.Real world is just money driven.

Vibha said...

We lost embracing of opinion when we r too self assured to not believe in theory of Syadvada which says that all our judgements are necessarily relative , conditional and limited.

Vibha said...

In my case I had a diary ,named it Innocence and lost it.All I can say " that day I lost my innocence".