Friday, November 10, 2017

Young and Restless

I still vividly remember my first day at Dadenggre. Tired from travelling miles of winding roads, I sat on the porch hoping to recuperate from the pristine landscape. "Where is the ATM?", I asked Maljing. His innocent smile conveyed that there wasn't any even before he hold me.
The very next day when I met the Manager of the only bank here, Mr. Daryl Marak he hold me that they have been planning to start one. He has been pushing hard for it. I also joined the bandwagon only to irritate him everyday morning asking for the predicaments if any to start the ATM. Finally today the first ATM became operational here today, much thanks to his industry.
Through his regional manager I came to know that he was given a choice to work at the City HQ given his excellent work record. But he chose to take a rural posting instead. On my applause, he smiled and remarked,"I am young no Sir, I must work for public at such places!". In a sea of lobbying for urban postings, it's a pleasure to see this gem wanting otherwise. Such people is what India needs. Hardworking and simplistic. Compassionate and caring. Young and Restless!

No comments: