Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Mother's Mercy

The homestay was rather short. I would miss my mother's love and father's care in the capital. My mother saddened at the thought of my departure attempts to disguise that as she prepares a meal for my train journey. Poori-Sabzi. My favorite.With a heavy heart, I wave at them from the car as my brother drives me to the station. At the station, while I take out my luggage from the car, this kid, barely dressed approaches me for some food. He was thin, partly covered in dust and hungry. His mother and siblings look from a distance.
He looked at the small packet in my hand. His eyes anticipating the possibility of some edible substance and that if I would give him some. When it comes to food exclusively cooked by mother for me, I am like Joey. And Joey, doesn't share food. But that day, I gave him that. And then the content on his face, after tasting those pooris, was the most beautiful expression I have ever seen. I am sure my mother would agree!

No comments: