Sunday, September 9, 2018

What a kid

He had been standing near the cash counter for quite some time, perhaps waiting for his mother to finish her grocery shopping. He must have been around 10 years old, keenly observing the queue through his thick geeky glasses and making mind notes. Upon my turn, I kept all the stuff in my bag and made a move outwards.
"Here is a chocolate for you, Uncle", the little lad said, seemingly overwhelmed with joy. "Well, thank you, but that would be for what?", I asked. "For being the only one in the queue who brought a reusable bag and didn't take a poly bag", he almost shouted with exuberance. I asked him if he could convince others in the queue to bring a reusable bag next time to which he readily agreed. What a kid, I doubled him on that chocolate. It was his favorite.

No comments: