Monday, December 31, 2018

Plastic Free Year

Last year when I came to Dadenggre, during my early days I saw overwhelming quantities of plastic and polythene bags mixing with the local streams. In such rural and remote areas, there is no municipal body or any other institution to process the garbage generated. Even at places where it is collected, most of it is dumped into landfills. Lately, there have been so many research articles on how marine life is getting critically endangered and environment is getting badly affected by the plastic menace. It was then that I decided to reduce my plastic footprint by following these:
1. When going to market, take a reusable Cloth bag along. Say NO to poly-bags.
2. Carry your own water, say NO to plastic water bottles.
3. Say NO to plastic straws.
4. Say NO to junk food. It is unhealthy and comes in plastic packaging.
5. Process your organic waste by home compost.
6. Buy natural fabric clothing. It feels good too.
7. Don't litter.
After one year, I feel proud of having adhered to all these pointers. And in 2019, I resolve to further reduce my plastic footprint. Will you join me ?

No comments: