Sunday, January 13, 2019

Let's keep sowing

I still vividly remember those starting few days in Dadenggre when I was really excited to start my own kitchen garden in my residence. I even did a little reading on horticulture for amateurs, got the soil treated and scouted for the best suited seeds. There was little success with the vegetables as the land was largely red soil. I had hopes from the pineapple and orange ones that I planted. Not a day passed by when I didn't attend to them.

When I recently left that place, it was difficult to say goodbye to them. If only I had more time for the next batch of vegetables. If only I had more time to see the oranges and pineapples sprout to life. But when I reached Williamnagar, I was pleasantly surprised to see several vegetables planted already and in fact ready to be plucked. Someone had sown and left, like I did there. Nothing tastes better than vegetables freshly plucked from your own garden, absolute bliss. Let's keep sowing. 

No comments: