Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Goodbye, East Garo Hills

 Last couple of days have been filled with love, warmth and appreciation. The extent of these emotions has been unprecedented. It makes the departure extremely hard. I wish I could stay for life. And in a way, I certainly shall as East Garo Hills will always be special and close to my heart. I have given my everything to make it a better place and I believe that things have changed for good.

Three and half years went away in an instant. As I depart, the memories of Project STAR, Super 30 and other education initiatives bring joy. As I depart, the completed PMAY houses makes me smile. As I depart, the improved health facilities makes me proud. As I depart, the completed check dams,roads, bridges bring satisfaction. But as I depart, the goodbyes, the thank yous, the love, the warmth, bring tears inside.

No comments: