Monday, May 22, 2023

He wouldn’t mind

As we sat down in the wedding hall to witness the multitude of ceremonies, I was clouded by a mist of nostalgia. There were so many familiar faces from the place where I grew up. You may have a hard time recollecting the names and the acquaintances but somehow the faces stay for a long time, long long time. Perhaps even beyond. 

 

One of those faces, came closer and sat down next to me. And with a beaming smile on his face, he said, “You were too small probably to remember all this but I used to come to your house to meet your father. He used to help me by writing letters for me as I couldn’t do that then. And he used to tell me at the end never to reveal to anyone that he had written them. But I thought you should know”. It took a while for me to recover from the trance of memories. But when I did, I said to him “I am glad you told me that even while violating the verbal agreement you had with my father. I am sure he wouldn’t mind”. 

No comments: