Sunday, March 27, 2011

Nasik Express

What a beautiful morning it was.It had to be.I was going to see her today.It had been nearly a year.A tough year.But she always stood close by like a silent guardian. She always believed in me and probably that is the best gift you can give to someone.Lost in her thoughts I almost forgot that I had a test that day.And also there was a twist.She was traveling with her dad.I hope you remember Bangalore Express.She said she would decide whether I should come or not depending upon your honor's mood.With all due respect to your honor, I just could not imagine she going via Delhi without I getting to see her.Anyways after those uncomfortable questions on Indian geography, I wondered why she hasn't called.

I hate train journeys.Can it get any worse? People can be so stupid.Huh.And to add I am not feeling well today.The only good thing is that I get to see him.Wow, it has been almost a year.Not exactly though.Eleven months.Dad is doing fine i guess.No temper reported as of now.Sigh.I think I should call him and ask him to come.

She called.And the supreme court gave the verdict in my favor.She had told her dad that I would be coming at the station to meet her as I had to give her some novels.It is interesting to note that people still fall for stuff like that.No offense your honor.She said the train would reach Delhi around noon.So I rushed from the test center directly to the Delhi station.After standing in the queue for like 30 minutes, shouting at countless people trying to mingle into the queue near to the ticket window and denying a couple of offers from people ready to pay 10 bucks for a platform ticket which was only 3 bucks, I finally got in.When I checked the display, I looked for the name which she told me.It was coming in 10 minutes.I remembered what happened last time when I went to meet her at a station.I cautiously noted the platform number and double checked the train name.That was just bad luck.I consoled myself.At the platform, I somehow ended up at the wrong end courtesy that stupid kooli.I ran to the other end of the train where her coach was.It was strange that no one was standing outside.Huh, probably she is not feeling well.I tried calling her,couldn't connect.I went inside the coach looking for her and your honor.I checked the whole coach and could not find her.I had no clue what the hell was going on.Is she pulling my leg? Or is it your honor's idea of fun? So not cool. To confirm, I went again and almost woke up a girl sleeping in one of the compartments realizing in time that she was her.I called her again.

He called.I guessed he was already on the station waiting for me.So cute.But it turned out to be super funny.He got into the wrong train looking for me."We haven't reached yet stupid.That is probably the up train.This one's going down",I told him.I could not stop myself from laughing.

She laughed like anything.Well I was actually bothered what her dad might be thinking.All the good will that I had created, all crashed like a castle of cards.And I could see him smirking.Shit.How stupid of me.Obviously there are two trains with the same name.Shit.Anyways the correct one was coming in 30 minutes.I decided to act strategically this time.And placed myself right on spot where the coach was supposed to come.But at the last moment, the damn platform was changed.I ran.I called her and asked her to stay put inside as the platforms were depicting why we are second only to China in terms of population.I went inside.

There he was in green and black.Green suits him.How come I did not notice before.Our eyes met.He said it all and no one but I heard.He paid regards to dad and sat in front of me.We exchanged stuff.I just could not take my eyes off him.I tried hard not to blink as I could not afford to miss even that smallest of moment.I bet he didn't blink either.

I could not blink.She is so beautiful.And yet so simple.I gave her the books.Wings of fire and The White Tiger.Your honor looked, rather stared.He felt he wanted to say something.'Come here it to daddy and he will tell you who the white tiger is!'.I looked away.He left us alone.It was me and her.And those 10 minutes we had together, gave me what I had missed the whole year.And made me stronger for the coming times.There is something about her that I have never felt for anyone else.God bless her on her new venture.May all her dreams come true.And then she was gone.I tried to be strong, all in vain.

4 comments:

The-one-who-thought-this said...

Sab apne Dil ke raja hai.sabki koi rani hai, Bhale prakashit ho na ho sabki koi kahani hai

Genie said...

Hame pata hai aapki ki koi kahani hai.Aapki bhi ek rani hai.Kya zaruri ye baat chupaani hai? :D

Unknown said...

finally the two love birds met after a long tym....happy for both of u
love u bro.....:))

Unknown said...

Once upon a time there was a Romeo n his Juliet & they used to live far far away frm each other & then they met after a looooong time...n then they never went away & always lived together happily.....& thus it became an happy ending...:)
Hope u hav ur same "happy" ending dada... I pray.. :)