Friday, August 12, 2011

childish aspirations

I could not take my eyes off that bird. How effortlessly it flew amidst the clouds and over us. As if the winds were made for them alone.Then another one came chasing from behind and teasing with his levels of acrobatics.I love looking at the birds up in the sky.The realization of absolute freedom i can only envisage through their flight.I voiced my feelings.

The other voice teasingly remarked- he is still in his childhood.I would not deny that. In fact, I do not want to part ways with that little child in me. All of us have been through those days. How innocent,pure and noble are the thoughts then. No bias, discrimination and favoritism.That is when we are fair to others.Just and real. Growing up and owning the responsibilities is one thing, but who said you should let go off that innocence and that zest to inquire more and more.And I think not giving up your childhood keeps you sane and cuts down on your rage.

There was another voice which wanted to know which one super power I would ask for. For me, it has always been the desire to embrace the sky. To attain that absolute degree of freedom. Some wanted a note printing machine, some the power to read minds. I just want to play amongst the clouds.

1 comment:

Avi said...

wonderful post dear carry on, your friend