Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Lizard of ooze

When you spend most of your time in a single room whose four walls are very close and there is hardly any room to move, you observe things.Things which normally are not tapped by our consciousness. Lizards have always accompanied us as if inspired from that Hutch commercial- where ever you go our network follows! So that day, I noticed one on the wall defying gravity and brunching on teeny tiny innocent insects.Like many, I hate lizards.They are ugly,spooky and they multiply rapidly.

But then in these rainy days, it's the flies and insects that bother us more, i thought.And that hungry little reptile was doing a great job.So that called for a choice.Either a lizard or zillion flies.Ain't a difficult choice at all. Status-quo maintained.

Sadly, like some humans, lizards too don't understand the rules of status-quo. You respect other's space. You don't interfere. And most importantly, you don't shit around when the other is at point blank range. That little jackass wagged it's tale and i thought it was just a celebration of another catch.But it was something else.Something gross.It shitted on my books.That was the end of cease fire. It violated the treaty.I picked up my broom.No not to play Quidditch stupid , me not Harry.And with a bang, the lizard of ooze was out of my room.Peace.

7 comments:

sid said...

haha, funny. Once I chased a lizard at my bangalore house and scared shit out of that wicked little thing. Frightened to the core, the reptile jumped out of the balcony from the first floor. Peace restored.

sudhir said...

I remember one incidence one of my marathi friends was narrating to one non marathi friend

" Siddiqui kal kya hua mere aang pe pal giri" hahaha

Genie said...

hmm looks like many of us have a Lizard story :D

Giga Potential said...

I was a kid in a hall, two lizards started making sounds, which resonated in between walls.I was scared. I left the room. Peace.

Genie said...

Giga, you got scared from those tiny sounds of the magic of procreation ?? :D

Giga Potential said...

lol at that time I didnt know they were doing magic :D , and it was very loud!

Genie said...

louder the better, don't you read cosmo :D :D