Monday, January 2, 2012

Inception and UPA II

Somewhere in the dark corners of the capital, a cabinet meeting was scheduled off the record with media totally unaware of Government's secret project.All the cabinet ministers were dressed up in black and their faces covered with their hoods, except that of the PM, because you know... The agenda was two-fold. How to deal with Anna and Mayawati ?

Suddenly the discomforting silence was broken by the PM.'I have an idea. On my recent tour to America, I met Nolan who taught me something about inception. We can use this rare skill to plant ideas in our rival's mind that would ultimately benefit us.'

KS : I have heard of that. But what if this idea is not actually yours and has been planted by them in your mind. And how do we know that this is not a dream.

PM : Even I had this doubt when I became the PM for the first time. But Madam told me there was a reason why I was chosen. Our kind, have different type of brain. Something much more complex and cannot be incepted by the opposition.

KS: Oh, Nice! What is the plan then?

PM : We will plant the idea that Lokpal can be too dangerous in Anna's brain and to break up Uttar Pradesh in Mayawati's brain!

All  cabinet minister(in chorus) : Singh is King !!
PM raises his hand in response to the applause.

KS: But I am not sure if Mayawati has a brain.

PM : I know. Odds are against us but we don't have a choice.Ok. PC, you deal with Anna and KS you go to Maya.
***************************************************************************
PC goes to Anna's fast venue where he is asleep. He enters his dream disguised as Swami Agnivesh.

AH : What do you seek SA?

SA: I seek a path to fight the corrupt.

AH : I offer you the path of ombudsman.

SA: He will not become a hero, you also know it deep down, don't you?

AH : Yes, but he's the hero India deserves, not the one it needs right now. So we'll flaunt him because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

SA : We need a hero with a face and not some vigilante.

AH: What do you mean ?

SA : You are making him more than just a man. You are devoting him to an ideal. And if they can't stop you, it will become something else entirely. Lokpal, Mr. Hazare.

AH : Corruption is killing people SA, what would you have me do?

SA: Endure. Take it back. They will hate you for it. But you have already lived your life. You can take it. You can be an outcast.Only you can make this choice, the right choice.

******************************************************************************
KS goes to Mayawati's place. He tries to enter her dream as her party promoter but finds out soon that  dream levels are not possible and the only possibility is the limbo. He finds her there siting alone and contemplating of forming a party to fight election.

M : I think there are enough dalits like me who can ensure enough votes.

PP : Right, but they seem to be restricted to a certain part of the state. Only if others weren't in this state.

M : People need dramatic examples to shake them out of apathy and I can't do that as Mayawati, as a woman. I'm flesh and blood I can be ignored. I can be destroyed but as a symbol, as a symbol I can be incorruptible, I can be everlasting. I need a symbol.

PP: What kind of symbol?

M: Some thing really big and terrifying.

PP: We can use your face.

M: No. Not an identity, we need a symbol.... Elephant !

PP : But won't people pity more if we chose a symbol like ...I don't know... a pig.

M: It's not what we are beneath; but it's what we do that defines us.

PP: Inspiring. But we need to break the state, so that we isolate our vote banks.

M: Yes, someday , we will.

************************************************************************

In days to come, Anna takes back his fast and Mayawati decides to break the state four ways. The cabinet rejoices the success. PM only smiles though. He still is not convinced that all this is reality and he actually became a PM. He throws his totem on the table waiting for it to stop. But the totem shows no signs of stopping. He look at Madam. She smiles.



2 comments:

Nikhil Kumar said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nikhil Kumar said...

Awesome piece Genie :)