Saturday, April 15, 2017

The Forgotten Wheel

These days I don't get the same respect as in those golden days in the past. I was the only one then. But then came the motor and it changed the way the world moved on the roads. I am no competition to those macho bikes and those luxurious four wheels.
When the road is not broad enough, I am the one who is forced to get off. I am the one who is charge-sheeted for slowing down the traffic. I am the one labeled as the vehicle of the poor. No one cares about the fact that I don't pollute, that I ensure good health and that I don't take much space and maintenance. All this does not matter because I slow them down.
Who am I? I am that forgotten wheel who gave you those wonderful memories while you repeatedly attempted to hop on, while you failed and fell again and again until one day when you learned to fly. I do miss you, do you?

1 comment:

Vibha said...

Yes...i miss you red DTB.i can remember we were together over the slope of green grass across the sun set.....mostly mid of clouds....watching it rise lik chalk powder upward :) me and my brother both miss you.