Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Hyderabad Blues


New City.New Dreams.New people.You can fall in love with this place as soon as you hop on.Big broad wavy curvy roads all around.If you choose to ignore the awful driving practices people follow here,its a beautiful place.And OMG, the weather here... Not hot,not cool ! So cool !

But then, its always about the people and not the place.I miss home for my parents.I miss KGP for my friends.I miss Mech Dep for the manu guys.I miss RP for rpians.And I miss my wing for those lovely people who inspired me,stood by me,laughed with me,consoled me at times.I miss you all.

Sometimes when you miss people, you have the option to call them.I was denied of that too.It has been five long and frustrating days since i got my post paid Airtel connection, but its still not activated.Sometimes i just hold my cell and stare in despair at those two painful words.Inactive Sim.Only when we don't have the technology, we feel like calling everyone.Damn irony and damn Airtel!

Watching a movie in an air-cooled theatre sometimes helps us fight with our personal problems.And there are times, when doing the same makes you want to kill yourself.Sadly, this was the later one.Kambaqt Isqk.Do i really need to elaborate on that? I don't actually.But still I will.There is no way you can make it worse. They did it all.So much money, so many actors ....all in vain ! It was like a glamour show by Bebo ! It was all about Bebo ! Bebo Bebo ..can a song get more crappy ! I was so depressed that even Rakhi ka Swayamber seemed to make sense.Desperate times.And you know what made it even worse, we got the tickets in black.

Its always great when we get an invite for a lunch.Specially when we are away from home and have been paying for it lately.And the fact that we don't even know where we are going, makes it interesting.So, my friend got an invite from some friend of his who also works in the same company as we.He asked me to go along.So we did.There we were having a talk with the family who invited us for a lunch.I skipped breakfast in the hope of Ghar ka Khana.A sudden knock at the door.Few more guests joined us.And then there it was.A trick question from aunty.You both are staying for lunch right ? I looked at my friend.He looked at me.Both feeling exploited,tricked and used.It was obvious that those guests were unexpected and they had a greater priority than us.And the food seemed limited.So, we had no choice.We pretended to have some engagements but our disappointed faces gave it all up.We came out.Looked at each other again.Laughing out loud this time.

It has been a shaky start.But, what the hell.Aku is right.As always.Its all about the two P's.Patience and Positive attitude.


8 comments:

ronsin said...

laalach buri bala hai... :P

Whats in a name.......... said...

i like the title, the feel of the post and well also the fact that you didnt get food!!!hahaha!!go cook now lazy thing!!
on a more serious note...whom do u want to call so much eh???

hope alls well at ur end!!
(for Gods sake remove this word verification before i become dislexic or however u spell it)

Anonymous said...

Yes, I can empathize. Staying away from home sucks. Well, it doesn't actually. Both are fun - staying at home getting pampered and staying at a new place, growing up. :)

Don't worry, you'll get over it. Good luck Tembe. Have fun in Hyderabad. :)

PS: Its 'dyslexic'. :P

Whats in a name.......... said...

u didnt get the joke her mojo did u!!??lol

Whats in a name.......... said...

"here"- typo!:P

Genie said...

@ronsin....what laalach....we live for food man !

@ u sadist.....n yeah i don't hav the resources to cook by myself and you are the only one who faces problems in word verification...so live with it !

alls well here....hoping likewise :)

@mojo... Zo man !

Genie said...

p.s the second one was for whats in a name !

Whats in a name.......... said...

yeah!!i got it!!thanx a ton for the new nick name! i promise boring comments from next time!huh!! no actually, i do have a choice here.
wont comment! huh!so dont "HAVE" to live with it u see???