Saturday, January 30, 2010

23

Oh ya ! I am 23 years young today ( not old, young! ). There is something special about this number 23 and it's not that Jim movie hangover, I feel it all the time. I don't know if you do too, but hell yes I feel that all the time. Whenever there has to be a number associated with something, for me surprisingly it turns out to be 23 most of the time.Be it the seat number when traveling, in the movies and blah blah.Be it when I look at the time. Be it the date when something good happens to me.I can go on and on.Ergo I feel this year will be different.Good Different.Big different.Amen !

So it all started even before then clock hit 12. Some people called to wish before time complaining," Oye yaar, it will be all busy and all later and also I wanted to be the first one to wish you!".Come on people, you were all sleepy sleeper son ! Weren't you ? And then bang ! I was 23. My flatmates got a butter-scotch cake with 'Swaps' on it. Thanks you guys. And then we went to the best place in Hyderabad we know as of now for the cake-on-face ceremony.The roof-top of our 6-floor apartment.It's always so beautiful up there with the breeze, the moon and the girls standing in the balconies of other apartments.So there we were in that peaceful heaven with a cake, a knife,candles and no match-sticks. "I told you to get the maachis dude"."No you so did not!"...."Blah"...."Blah". I didn't hear any of the rest that followed.I was so involved with the lovely delicious cake."Lets use the rocks to make fire to lit up the candles",someone added.I will be 24 by then ! Huh. Finally, the ceremony began.More of that on my face than in my mouth.It was wonderful.The cake i mean.

Slept late to was not up early.But the phone calls kind of kept me in a place between the real world and the matrix ( read dream world). When I got up, I was high on happiness. It was difficult to figure out whether i was more happy about the day being my birthday or the fact that today was D-day. We had reservations at Imax for Avatar 3D.I have never waited for a movie so long.42 days since the release.I had to book like 3 weeks before.Crazy gult damn movie loving hyderabadis.On the way to Imax, I met a close friend from kgp.Good to see you buddy.Sad that we didn't get to spend time, but at least we met.Whenever I see someone from kgp, my insides scream out loud "Same species !".Miss KGP alot.That reminds me that on this birthday I did not sit on my pillow.Anyways, on the way, one more thing happened, I think I finally know how to ride a bike.Driving in hyderabad is a dare. And I just want to salute all those who do this everyday.Drive safely people.So there we were standing outside Imax after James Cameroon ripped off all the imagination we ever had with us.We all were so bummed.For like half an hour, no one could speak.Why was I born on earth? When clearly my heart beats for Pandora like a true Nabi.I could actually feel the USB tail growing from behind which you can plug in to every thing which is living and download stuff.I lower my head to maker of the greatest movie ever made.Respect \m/

We somehow managed to come back on earth.Also it was so amazing to see Abhineet not coming up with a PJ for almost an hour.Avatar was awesome! Eat street was moderately crowded with the hussain sagar lake looking beautiful and with a less irritating smell than last time.We ordered food and Richa ordered Chinese.Her effective management skills came into use when she utilised all other resources to finish off her plate and saving herself from being tagged 'Shalini'.The food was good and fulfilling.Other than that, a bad girl was stalking us through out with a cat tattoo on her shoulder.From the movie to eat street ! Then we went to a cruise in the lake.The black waters of Hyderabad and a bunch of black ducks.The Buddha statue in the middle of the lake is the biggest of its kind in India given several where clause that its of Buddha,its a monolith and so on.It was looking white from distance but when we landed on the island it was all bird shit.While going back on the boat, the debate was over a big celestial body.Some said its the sun.Some said Moon.Someone said balloon.Yeah, who was that BTW? And finally Richa came out as the winner.It was a fun-day indeed. A wonderful birthday.

Cheers

11 comments:

Ankita said...

i knew it swaps..u wont leave me like tht fr callin u bfr time.. :P bt still i ws d 1st one 2 wish u k.. :)

Ankita said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Genie said...

no u weren't ...what abt the people who wished me in adv....and what abt those who wished happy b day month :D

Ketanpanch said...

oye bro i wz d 1 who wished u yAA....!!!!!i thnk so....bt it wz rly gud to hear ua cele......!!!
nya nxt tym i wnt to b thr wid u in ua b'day k...

The-one-who-thought-this said...

23 huh....2/3=0.666 devil's number...be cautious...btw blogspot waala happy birthday

Genie said...

you scared me man :D

btw thanku :)

Whats in a name.......... said...

genie- what abt those whom u didnt care to revert to which to an average friend is rude??what what??

Genie said...

@ mariya

I was going to revert back... but you reverted even before that ...i apologized too! Hope all is well nw :)

Whats in a name.......... said...

WIAN WIAN!!!:P

Giga Potential said...

Congrats on 23 man , Great Post man !

The LOL-moments of this post are :
1) "same species"
2) "USB trail"
3) "bird shit"

and this will help you figure out celestial body thing :

http://freshnessfactorfivethousand.blogspot.com/2010/02/oh-how-significant-we-are.html

Genie said...

@giga

thanks for taking time to analyze this post :D .. it could have only come from a 'same species' :D

And the link is awesome too :)