Saturday, January 21, 2017

Batman Moment

It was 0559 hours and I was more than jubilant for having beaten my damn alarm. I hate the sound it makes and that is precisely why that sound exists. With a bit of triumphant smirk, I put off the alarm with my middle finger. I could see the mighty Brahmaputra from my bed lethargically drifting along covered with a blanket of mist, as if the river too needed an embrace in this cold.
With all the energy, I hopped on my bicycle en route the gym. The adrenaline was exponentially surging. The endorphin were triggering a new high. It was amidst these hormonal outbursts and among all the mean looking machines in the gym, I started the routine. And just when I started to swing my body backwards, I realized that I was too close to this iron pole. Too late. Boom.
I kind of got the black. It was all dark and all I could hear was the clink. And then I saw a shadow, a familiar one, Liam Neeson or shall I call him, Ras Al Ghul. And then those words, I swear, I did hear. "You never learned to mind your surroundings!"

1 comment:

Vibha said...

very inspiring! I never feel lazy since than i read it :)