Monday, January 2, 2017

But I have this

Sonitpur is a large district and marks a long fence with the foothills of Arunachal. On one of the recent inspection tour for IAY, I randomly selected a beneficiary whose house happened to be deep into those woods. Of course there were no roads to that place and as we stopped our vehicles alongside the highway, we could see the lush green and young mountains calling for us.
We started the short trek and within no time were surrounded by little streams moving in symphony creating their own concerts. The little rocks shinned brilliantly on the sidelines almost as if they were sentinels wearing the gold cloaks. And there we were, we could see the house, that she had build with pride, surrounded with serpentine streams and watched over by the guarding mountains hiding behind the mist.
When I asked her, why build so far away from us rest, she smiled. Then she glanced over the picturesque surroundings as if to make her point. I followed her glance.. And that did put an end to the doubtful air of desolation and melancholy that I perceived. Perhaps not sure that I have understood her visual argument, she put it bluntly in words, "Yes, no mundane benefits here. But, I have this!" And with those words, the mountains seemed more majestic, the streams more whimsical and the sounds more musical.

No comments: