Friday, April 20, 2018

Basket-ing Joy

Not very long ago, I went to this school in Dadenggre where I noticed a Basketball Court. Both the boards were broken, only few strands of the nets were remaining and the concrete floor had holes bigger than the ball itself. It had been lying there undone for several years for want of funds, or perhaps merely a will to act. I am not to judge.
But that made me sad that day, few thousand rupees keeping so many children away from the court. I simply could not wait to figure out ways and went ahead with the renovation myself. We got the floor repaired and provided for new boards, rings, nets and balls. On the inaugural, the fervor was such that forget students, even the teachers hopped in the court.
They all tried to score a basket but in vain, failed miserably to be frank. And amidst that ubiquitous laughter, I pondered, with so little,, at least we could basket, joy!

No comments: