Friday, April 20, 2018

Hope

He had an air of confidence around him. Passion for govt service and industry towards his discipline were more than evident through his demeanor. Amidst a fruitful discussion revolving around infrastructure, he narrated something which I must share.
"During election duty long ago, our team was ambushed and they put 8 bullets through me. I never thought I would survive that and would be able to resume my service. I was happy doing my job and serving the people of my state. That's the only thing I ever wanted. I prayed. That's the only thing I could do lying in the hospital bed for a year.And it worked. May be there is something up there or where ever, looking out for people who have compassion".
Perhaps he is right. Perhaps not. But his perseverance and resurrection are inspiring beyond limits. Fountainhead of faith, of will and of hope!

No comments: