Saturday, July 14, 2018

Good Cop, Bad Cop

[Disclaimer- That there is no inference drawn in this post. That thiis is no way a generalization. Merely a conversation. That there are always two sides to a coin.]
"There are good cops and there are bad cops when it comes to traffic police. But I have found a way to deal with the later" said my Uber Driver as I quizzed him about challenges as a cab driver in Delhi. "I secretly make a video whenever I get a feeling that the cop stopping me will ask for money. Why the hell should I pay when I have all the documents , it's my hard earned money. I threaten them by showing it. They get so tensed!" he adds and breaks into laughter.
Impressed with his little innovative measure, I tell him that we need more people like him who stand up for what is just. And as I glance outside, I see a car pulled over by traffic policemen. Good cops I hope, or a fighter driver like mine

No comments: