Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Republic Day

On the occasion of Republic Day, a skit was performed by the kids of a local school depicting the grief of those who have seen their loved ones sacrificing their lives in service of this nation.

During this extremely emotional portrayal of the Pathankot terror attack, this old man sitting next to me in the audience was literally shaking. He couldn't take it anymore. Tears rolled down. I thought I must ask him if he is okay but then he realised my concern and tried to get his composure back but his eyes gave it all away. I could see in those eyes that perhaps he had lost a son who fought bravely for the country. Or perhaps a brother. Or a friend.

No one can understand the grief such people go through. May the gods give them the strength. And may the gods give us peace and no war.

Take a bow to those who made the sacrifice. Respect. Jai Hind!

No comments: