Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Super Moon


There I lay, beside the highway, behind my bicycle, in those endless paddy fields, looking at the horizon with the dusk knocking at the door. As the mighty Sun called it a day, I unwillingly got up and faced the prospect of cycling back 25 Kms to Tezpur. Boy, I could use some motivation, I pondered.

Suddenly, my eyes fell upon that gorgeous and glittering Moon. And it's light starting to turn the yellowish green meadows into a different landscape. It felt closer, more than the usual. And then I remembered reading something to that effect. I hopped on my bicycle as if some hound had smelled a prey. As I cycled towards Tezpur, it occurred bigger and closer. I pedaled with such tenacity as if I stood a chance to embrace her. 

And in no time, or so it felt, I was home. And she was still that far, or so it felt. I do not know why I love the Moon so much. Perhaps because it is that shining beacon of hope in that darkness. Perhaps because it reminds me of those I love. Or perhaps because not all things can be reasoned or understood. Perhaps its just Super. Super Moon!

No comments: